View related topics

Immediate, Experienced Legal Help With Abductions By A Parent

Parental abduction of a child by the noncustodial mother or father violates the provisions of a joint child custody or visitation stipulation and requires prompt action.

To get your child back, you first need to obtain sole custody rights before the police will act to find your child. The Law Office of Martha J. Olson & Associates has more than three decades of experience in this area of law — the firm has been here in San Jose since 1983.

Don't Try To Face This Crisis Alone

We respond quickly to clients facing this type of emergency. Our lawyers have extensive experience handling cases involving the parental abduction of minor children under California family law. As a result, we know exactly how to proceed to get your child back.

In this crisis, there are several actions to take to speed up the process of returning your child to you.

  1. Speak with a family law attorney immediately.
  2. Bring recent high quality photos of your child or children.
  3. Your attorney will go to court to obtain a temporary sole custody order.
  4. The district attorney will order law enforcement authorities to track down your abducted child or children.
  5. Our attorneys will then file a motion in court to obtain permanent sole custody of your child or children.

A noncustodial parent who takes a child severely damages his or her custody rights, and may lose them altogether, depending on circumstances and the ruling of the court. In addition, a district attorney may pursue criminal charges such as kidnapping.

If wish to change custody rights, if your ex-spouse took your child or children or if you have questions about the law regarding parental relocation rights, The Law Office of Martha J. Olson & Associates can act quickly to assert your rights and get your child or children back home again.

Contact Our Firm Immediately

If you are dealing with a parental abduction, the San Jose attorneys at our firm will provide the experienced legal guidance you need.

Call our office at 408-703-1124 for a free half-hour initial consultation.