View related topics

Modifications To Custody And Visitation

Even though a divorce decree outlines custody arrangements, parenting time schedules, child support and alimony payments, family courts recognize that these matters sometimes need to be modified. Often, these issues have to be revisited and adjusted as peoples' lives, needs and circumstances change.

At our firm, The Law Office of Martha J. Olson & Associates, we have been providing time-saving, cost-effective guidance and experienced legal services to clients who need visitation changes in the San Jose area and throughout Santa Clara County since 1983.

Contact us concerning:

  • Child custody and visitation modification
  • Child support modification
  • Spousal support modification

You may be able to obtain a custody, spousal support or child support modification with the help of one of our attorneys. We can do this either through the courts or through honest communication and negotiation with your former spouse. In general, we recommend that clients begin the legal process. But it is also a good idea to continue trying to find a workable solution outside of court.

In many cases, clients find that their former spouse has no interest in going to court again. And, if you and your ex-spouse are able to reach an agreement, the court process can stop.

As a firm, our lawyers try to increase the chances of this happening by providing guidance in negotiations and through arranging appointments for clients with professional counselors who can save them money and keep them out of court at the same time.

If your situation involves the abduction of your child by a parent, contact us immediately.

Seek Highly Experienced Legal Advice For Custody Modifications

Whether you are a mother or a father seeking child custody modifications, you can trust our firm's decades of experience. Call us at 408-703-1124 or through email to schedule a free half-hour initial consultation at our San Jose, California, law office.